Bite into a Mini Smores Pie and discover a crumbly base of graham crackers with a rich chocolate filling topped with a marshmallow cloud. A super recipe to put together as the pie crusts in the small molds are ready in no time and the chocolate ganache is also pretty quick.
Most of all, you will not need to start a fire or the Bbq for these ones and the recipe is really easy to prepare in the kitchen. What is summer if you don't have S'mores dessert? You can't miss that window even if you don't go camping. I also recommend you give a try to my S mores crème brûlée, a pretty delicious variation!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
🔪 How To Make Them
First things first, you need to gather your ingredients. Always.
- Graham cracker crumbs: you can either buy them or make them yourself: pulse the graham crackers in a food processor.
- Butter: I use salted butter as I love the combination with the chocolate.
- Heavy cream: Not half and half, the light cream, the real heavy cream 35%.
- Dark chocolate: The bitterness balances deliciously with the graham cracker pie crust and the sweet marshmallow fluff. You can use milk chocolate if you prefer.
- Marshmallow fluff: You can also use mini or bigger marshmallows on the mini pies, style it as you wish.
There are only a few steps to prepare the easy mini s'mores pie recipe:
1. The graham cracker crusts: You just need to combine some melted butter with the crumbs and mix well until it looks like sand. In small molds, push down the mixture to form a pie crust.
Place these molds on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes in the oven, that's all. This part is done, set them aside so they can cool down completely.
2. The ganache: Don't be intimidated by the name of it, it is easy! In a pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil, then you will add the dark chocolate and the butter and mix some more. This is ready to be poured in the mini graham cracker pie crusts.
Now, patience as it needs to sit for at least 2 hours in the fridge - ideally, 4 hours.
3. The marshmallows or the fluff: Add the amount you wish, a dollop, or a generous tablespoon, and use a baking torch, torch to give that lightly burn aspect.
📋 Notes About The Recipe
No torch? No problem, this is mostly for presentation. It does add a little roasted taste but it should not stop from making this recipe just because you don't own a torch.
Fluff or marshmallows? Another suggestion of presentation is using some toothpicks or match topped with mini marshmallows. How cute is it?
💭 FAQ To Help You Out!
You can substitute with pretzel, saltines, sugar cookies, tea cookies, or how about a homemade pie crust?
For this recipe, I used dark chocolate but feel free to switch it to milk chocolate.
It is short for 'Some More'. In the early 20th century, this campfire goodness was a popular treat with the Boy Scouts. and Girl Scouts.
More S'mores Recipes
Although these s mores pies are delicious, there are many ways to achieve a similar flavour through different original recipes:
- S'mores Crème Brûlée: The delicious French custard meets the North American goodness!
- The talented Liz at the Buuck Farms offers a few yummy variations: no-churn s'mores ice cream, s'mores macarons for the more advanced, or these bakery-style s'mores cookies that are calling my name!
📖 Recipe: Mini Smores Pie
- 4-inch molds: 6
- 2 pots - one bigger
- Baking torch
- 1 and half cup graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate 200g
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoon marshmallow fluff
- Pre-heat the oven at 325F.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the crumbs and mix well until it looks like sand.
- In the small pie molds, push down the mixture to form a pie crust, you may use the bottom of a small glass to do so.
- Place these molds on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 325F.
- Once cook, set them aside so they can cool down completely.
- In a pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil, then you will add the dark chocolate and the butter and mix some more.
- Once completely melted, it is ready to be poured in the mini graham cracker pie crusts.
- Allow to set for 2 to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Add a tablespoon of marshmallow fluff on each pie and using a baking torch, burn some of it.