For the crust:
- Melt the butter: In a bowl, put the crumbs, the salt, the vanilla extract and pour the butter: Stir until well mixed.
- In a 9'' baking dish (like a cheesecake dish is great), press down the crumb mix evenly.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350F. Allow to cool down and set aside.
For the strawberry filling:
- In a pan, put all the strawberries roughly cut in 4 and the water. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Mash the strawberries a little.
- With a strainer, collect the juice.
- In a pan, pour the juice, the sugar and the maizena. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat and stir for 5 minutes until the juice thickens. Set aside to cool down a little.
- Add the strawberries to the juice and stir well.
- Pour the mix on the crust and refrigerate.
For the whipping cream:
- In a bowl, with a hand mixer or a whisk, whip the cream with the sugar until firm. Set aside in the fridge.
Before serving: Spread some whipped cream on the strawberries just before serving. Decorate with some fresh strawberries.