For the 1st step
- Place the milk, the flour and the yeast in the bowl, mix it well. Set aside for 12 hours at room temperature.
For the 2nd step, 12 hours later
- In the bowl where there is your preparation, add the egg yolks, the vanilla, the butter and the sugar, mix well.
- Add the yeast and gradually add the flour. It should start to form a dough, a little sticky at first.
- Knead the dough for 10-16 minutes.
- Take the dough, separate it in 2 equal balls.
- From each ball, divide it in 3 parts and make rolls to braid them.
- Once you have braided both your dough, let them rest for 1h30minutes.
For the egg wash:
- Take the egg yolk and the milk and stir well.
- With a brush, apply some on each braid.
- Place in the oven at 360F for 20 minutes or until your brioches are golden.