I know I wish it was that easy... But there are flavors, smells that just bring back somewhere with somebody. For me, it is parsley, it sends me back to my childhood when I would go on my vacation with my grandparents. When a little wind would blow, I could smell the parsley from my bedroom window. It seems like nothing at the moment, but now, it just reminds me of my dear Papy and Mamie and that big house in the vineyards.
There is also lavender. Especially since I live here, in Canada. It makes me travel back to the South of France, where I am from. I am on vacation for a few seconds... In fairness, let me bring you along with me and give you a little taste of ''Je-ne-sais-quoi''....
Do you see yourself walking around in those little French streets yet?
Alright, back in the kitchen... Gather a few ingredients and you'll travel some more!
I hope you had a pleasant flight and thank you for choosing Bon Appét'Eat Airlines! Hehe!
Lavender shortbread cookies
- 50 g of sugar
- 100 g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped lavender
- 150 g flour
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the lavender. Add the butter and whisk until it becomes a little fluffy.
- Add the flour gradually, stir until well mixed. The dough holds together.
- Refrigirate for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough and make some shapes of your choice. I choose to make thin cookies (of about 2millimeters) but you can make them thicker. Re-knead and re-roll the dough until finished.
- Bake in a warm oven at 400F for 7-8 minutes or until the cookie is slightly golden.
- Allow to cool down if you can wait...