I know I wish it was that easy… But there are flavors, smells that just bring back somewhere with somebody. For me, it is parsley, it sends me back in my childhood when I would go on my vacation at my grandparents. When a little wind would blow, I could smell the parsley from my bedroom window. It seems like nothing at the moment, but now, it just reminds me of a my dear Papy and Mamie and that big house in the vineyards.
There is also lavender. Specially since I live here, in Canada. It makes me travel back to the South of France, where I am from. I am on vacation for a few seconds… In fairness, let me bring you along with me and give you a little taste of ”Je-ne-sais-quoi”….
Do you see yourself walking around in those little French streets yet?
Alright, back in the kitchen… Gather a few ingredients and you’ll travel some more!
I hope you had a pleasant flight and thank you for choosing Bon Appét’Eat Airlines! Hehe!
Inspired from a recipe in Perfect Baking:
- - 50g of sugar
- - 100g of soft butter
- - 1 tsp of chopped lavender
- - 150g of flour
- - In a bowl, mix the sugar and the lavender. Add the butter and stir until it becomes a little fluffy.
- - Add the flour gradually, stir until well mixed. The dough holds together.
- - Roll the dough and make some shapes of your choice. I choose to make thin cookies (of about 2millimeters) but you can make them thicker. Re-knead and re-roll the dough until finished.
- - Bake in a warm oven at 300F for 7-8 minutes or longer if thicker, the cookie should be a little golden.
- - Allow to cool down if you can wait...