The Yogurt Plum Cake is a moist and delicious recipe featuring some juicy plums. Made with only 6 ingredients, this is a great go-to dessert for the whole family. It is also very versatile which is totally a selling point for me, do you agree? Preparation only involves a bowl, can you believe it? The yogurt pot is your measure.
Once you make this super easy yogurt cake once, you will make it again again, swapping plums for other fruits as the season dies down in August. The yogurt in the cake guarantees moisture and fluffiness. If you loved my flourless almond cake, you will love this one too as the texture is close.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Prepare A Yogurt Plum Cake
The steps to making this cake are really simple and it is actually a great recipe for kids to prepare on this own too. There is no measure, weighing involved and also, no special equipment. The yogurt pot will be your best friend throughout the recipe.
Now, go and grab a bowl.
Gather your ingredients, You most likely have them all in your kitchen!
– Yogurts: you can use either regular or Greek yogurt. I used the vanilla flavoured ones but any other flavour would work. If you would like less sugar in your cake, use plain yogurt and add vanilla extract.
– Sugar: white or brown sugar works.
– All purpose flour
– Butter: can be substituted with olive oil
– Baking powder
First, crack the eggs and whisk them. To them, add the yogurt and stir well until combined. You are already halfway as you have gathered all your wet ingredients.
Next, add in 2 yogurt cups of sugar and 4 of flour. Mix some more! Now, scoop some butter and put it in 15 seconds in the microwave, you should have about a yogurt cup of melted butter. Add it to the batter with some baking powder.
Now, in a buttered cake pan, let’s finish the plum yogurt cake: pour the batter and add slices of plum.
Lastly, bake it and you need to try to resist until it cools down!
Spoiler alert: it will smell amazing within minutes in the house!
FAQ For This Yogurt Cake With Plums
The yogurt and its acidity mixed with the baking soda guarantees a moist and spongy cake! Light and delicious, the base of this cake is perfect to be paired with fruits whether baked in the cake or fresh ones added on top.
Think sponge cake but with a little tangy note, even more so if you use a Greek yogurt I find.
Yes, you can use dairy-free yogurts. I have not tried it myself but the consistency is the same.
Of course, whatever rocks your boat! However, make sure it is a flavour that goes with the plums or swap fruits. This recipe is developed with a vanilla flavour so the balance of sugar is just perfect.
You can keep it in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days maximum if it survives that long!
More Delicious Moist Recipes
Flourless Almond Cake: One the most popular recipes on the blog!
My moist Chocolate Cake: an all-time favourite!
Lemon Ricotta Cake: a similar recipe but an Italian version with Ricotta, a very moist and airy cake!
Super Easy Yogurt Plum Cake
- Large bowl
- 8-inch pan, greased.
- 4 eggs
- 2 vanilla yogurt (100g each)
- 2 yogurt cups sugar
- 4 yogurt cups flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 plums
- Pre-heat the oven at 425F.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them.
- Then, add the yogurts and stir well until combined.
- Add in 2 yogurt cups of sugar. Mix some more.
- Then, add the 4 measures of flour. Incorporate well!
- Now, melt the scooped butter and add it to the batter with the baking powder.
- In a buttered oven dish, pour the batter evenly.
- Wash the plum and cut them into quarters, place them on the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!