Sunny summery berry crumble in your dessert plate is all you need. Trust me. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries topped with the delicious crumbly almond crust. The sweetness is coming from the fruits and little from the crust. But you know me, I don’t go heavy on the sugar.
Prepared in a jiffy and eaten even faster.
We waited for this season and this warmer weather for months and we deserve the perfect end to our summer dinners outside. Right? Right.
My forever recipe
I have been making this recipe for as long as I can remember being in the kitchen by myself. Probably 10 year old. I would do it mostly with apples because this is available all year round and it makes it an amazing go-to recipe for Saturday afternoon.
THE PET PEAVE OF READERS!
So what I really want to say and not make you endure a long text about my childhood and this recipe being related! Ahahah.
So what I want to say is it is so very easy to make that kids can be the one making it! Anyone can crumble a crust, even a toddler or specially a toddler! Here is another way to get your kids in the kitchen and influence them, even if it is for dessert. It will teach them moderation.
More Summery desserts…
I’m longing for summer and the heat of the sun of my skin. In the meantime, I’ll bring summer to your plate! Just before this recipe, I posted The Elegant Raspberry Tart, there is also these juicy pears in the Pear Almond Tart.
At that point, you probably don’t need to be convinced 🙂
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience I have also converted the recipe using this website.
- 1/2 pint Blueberries washed
- 1/2 pint Blackberries washed
- 1 pint Strawberries washed
- 1/4 cup Butter 60g, soften
- A little over 1/2 cup Almond meal 75g
- A little over 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar 75g
- 2/3 cup Flour 75g
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 380F.
- Distribute equally the fruits in the ramequins or big oven dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, put the butter and the almond powder, mix it together – i do it with my hands.
- Add the sugar, mix again. And finally, add the flour, mix again, it should be crumble.
- On top of the apples cubes, add a handful of the crumble preparation, if you have little pieces chunky, it is nice too. Repeat for each ramequins or oven dish, depending what you chose.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or when the crumbles appears golden.
- Allow to cool down and enjoy!