I have been meaning to post this recipe for 2 days already but to tell you the truth, I have been slacking a little... Well, maybe a lot. The pictures and the recipe are ready all I am missing is my article.
I actually have a very valid reason! A few actually. The weather this weekend was gorgeous, so obviously we enjoyed it and spent some quality family time. And the evenings... Well, my husband and I have been a little obsessed with a show lately! This means we have to watch 3 to 4 episodes a night. Have you seen Suits? Such a great show! It is perfectly balanced with romance, drama and comedy. We are totally hooked.
When I was expecting my daughter, we are crazy on an old show, finished for a long time: the Sopranos. Every night, we were watching episodes until midnight or later and we were always regretting it because If my water would break, we would be so exhausted. Sure enough, one day at 11 pm... It did! We have been tired for 19 months since then. Totally worth it though.
Now, still watching late tv and blogging until I fall asleep. Sometimes, I finish my articles in the morning at 6am with my coffee. Obsessions, what they make you do.
On another subject, kinda. I have been thinking about caramelized onions. Spinach. Poppy seeds. And this is how this tart came to my mind. Poppy seeds in the crust, it adds a nice crunch. The goat cheese is the perfect kick to the sweetness of the onions.
So go ahead and make it, it is a perfect summer lunch with a green salad. Hot or cold, as you wish. We just loved it.
Please, help yourself to a nice fresh beer, it just goes with it.
Spinach, onion and goat cheese tart
For the crust:
- 100 g butter soften
- 200 g flour
- 60 g milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
For the filling:
- 1 cup caramelized onions*
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup fresh goat cheese
- Salt to taste
- For the crust:
- Mix the butter, the flour and salt together until it is crumbly.
- Add the poppy seeds. Add the milk at once and mix gently to form a bowl of dough. Don’t over-work it, just enough so all the crumbs are all picked up.
- For the filling;
- Spread the caramelized onions* at the bottom of the crust.
- In a hot pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, cook down your spinach a little and then spread it on top of the onion.
- In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs and add the milk, add some salt. Pour it on the onions and spinach.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese on top
- Cook in the oven at 375F 25-30 minutes