Do you like crème brûlée? Do you like S’mores? Well, you are going to LOVE this S’mores crème brûlée! You will love the creamy chocolate, the crispy of the caramel mixed with the crumbs and those sweet marshmallows!
I discovered this Canadian treat, S’mores, a few years ago since it is not something I grew up with in France. The first time we made some, I was exited like a little a kid. What is not to love in S’mores anyway?
So, now that you know my secret about my crème brûlée, you know it is simple, quick to prepare and a great recipe to impress your guests. Yet, you don’t need to be an advanced baker to make S’mores Crème Brûlée this summer.
Now, meet the crème brûlée and those S’mores that are the Canadian summer theme of all parties, barbecues and bond fires! Are you not on vacations or away on the weekend? That’s okay, you can have that delicious creamy chocolate dessert any day at home! Oh boy, how dangerous is that? Quite, I’d tell you! You might not stop at one… Too good!
Alright, you have been drooling enough! I will share the recipe. Quite similar to the previous one I posted in January but a few extra steps to make it S’mores!
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience I have also converted the recipe using this website.
S’mores Crème Brûlée
- 250 ml Milk
- A little more than 1 cup Chocolate, cut into small pieces 200g
- 250 ml Heavy Cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup Sugar (one 1/3 to mix with eggs and 1/3 to caramelize) 65g X2
- 1 cup Graham crackers crumbs
- 24 Small marshmallows
- Bring the milk to boil with the chocolate, stir well to make sure the chocolate melted well.
- Remove from the stove and add the cold cream to the milk.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together and the colour lightened.
- Add the egg yolks and the sugar mix,
- Stir well.
- On a baking sheet, place your ramequins filled up with the preparation.
- Bake bain-marie (add water on the baking sheet so the ramequins are baking in water)
- Bake for 45 minutes at 300F.
- Allow to cool down and keep refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with some sugar on top of the crème and with a baking torch, caramelize it. Right away, sprinkle generously 1 teaspoon of Graham crakers on top to allow to stick to it.
- Place 3 small marshmallows in your ramequins and heat them briefly with the baking torch, be careful not the burn them.