Monday mornings can be tough! So how about something sweet – but not too much – to go with your coffee or tea? So this recipe of a vanilla-chocolate breakfast cake will bring you some love to start the day!
It is moist and chocolatey but… oops, some vanilla there! Great sensations in a bite! You might want another piece if you are a dunker, you will love it!
Breakfast, snack, dessert, you pick. Even the day of the week, Monday is a suggestion to get the week rolling. I do need some incentive to get through the week sometimes.
Mondays can be rough, specially in summer. Who wants be inside in their office? No fun, is it?
I must admit that in winter, after a weekend snowed in and the kids going a little crazy because they are bored, my coffee tasted wonderful alone in my office!
It reminds me of all my years at the day camp, this would be one of the afternoon snack we would have. Except that they would be double the length. I got so sick of it because I did not like camp and everything with it.
But now, it actually brings me some sort of nostalgia of childhood, long vacation and camp, sun and heat. This sounds so appealing now! Silly me. I should have embrace that worry free life.
Go bake a piece of comfort and smile it’s Monday and be happy! How do YOU usually cheer up on Mondays? Tell me I need more tricks for the Canadian winter.
- - 125g of butter, soften
- - 200g of sugar
- - 3 eggs, large
- - 100ml of milk
- - 200g of flour
- - 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- - 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- - Preheat the oven at 360F
- - In a bowl, mix the butter and the sugar until smooth
- - Add the eggs, the milk and stir well
- - Add the flour, mix
- - Split the mixture in 2: pour the vanilla in one and add the cocoa powder in the other one
- - Pour in a Loaf Panloaf pan both mixtures at the same time (one in each hand)
- - Bake for 35 minutes or when you put a knife in the cake and it comes out dry.