This Roasted Broccoli And potatoes recipe is a simple way to prepare an easy and yummy side dish. Easy to put together these vegetables are seasoned with pesto, garlic and topped with feta. It’s a delicious way to complement your main dish whether it is fish or meat all year round.
Even though broccoli and potatoes are the stars of this one pan dish, we love the versatility of it. Feel free to add some onions or another cheese like parmesan. The pesto and garlic add a great flavour to the vegetables, and who can resist the generously sprinkled feta?
Note to self: next time I do my roasted carrots and potatoes, I'll add some feta!
How To Make Roasted Broccoli And Potatoes
Even basic recipes deserve an explanation and a breakdown of the steps. Preheat your oven ahead of time while you are prepping your veggies.
- First things first, wash your veggies. I don't peel the potatoes, so I clean these babies well.
- Next, take your chef's knife and chopping board and get busy. I try to cube my potatoes all in the same size and I separate the florets of my broccoli. Don't throw the stem, cut it in cubes, the same size as the potatoes.
Lastly, in a large bowl, pour the extra virgin olive oil, pesto, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add in the vegetables and toss well.
One more step: Spread them evenly from the mixing bowl to a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes at 425F.
Note: Halfway, you can toss gently your veggies on the sheet pan to allow your roasted potatoes to crisp evenly.
Suggestions And Other Ideas
Like all recipes, having some alternatives is always helpful.
Potatoes: Feel free to use yellow, white or red potatoes, small or big.
Cheese: No feta? no problem! How about some parmesan cheese or crumbling some goat cheese?
Suggestion: I lightly squeeze some lemon juice on the potatoes and broccoli before placing in the oven.
FAQ For Roasted Potatoes And Broccoli
To keep this recipe low maintenance and the prep time to a minimum, I do not do anything else with my vegetables before I cook them.
Absolutely! I clean them up a little by removing any leaves or little branches and cut them up like the potatoes cut so they require the same cook time. You can also add the stems to soups or fried rice and if you are not into it, save them for broth.
Of course, rich in vitamin C and K, iron, it is also a great source of fibre. The whole family loves broccoli, try it in your pasta!
What To Serve With The Potatoes And Broccoli
Most of all, this is a great side dish to eat all year round and any occasions.
Brunch: Make it on a side of a breakfast quesadillas and a salad.
Weekday dinner: Make a bbq chicken in the Instant Pot and these veggies in the oven.
Fancier weekend lunch or dinner, how about serving it on a side of a rack of veal or this Cuban puerco Asado?
My favourite combo is with the Air Fryer lemon pepper wings!
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat
Roasted Broccoli And Potatoes
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Oven baking sheet
- 4 potatoes
- 2 broccoli heads
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash your potatoes and broccoli.
- Preheat the oven at 425F.
- With your knife and chopping board, cube your potatoes all in the same size.
- Separate the florets from the broccoli. Cut the stems into cubes, the same size as the potatoes. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, put the olive oil, pesto and garlic, stir well. Add in the potatoes and broccoli and toss well. A
- On a baking sheet, with a parchment paper or silicone mat, spread the vegetables evenly.
- Cook for 30 minutes and toss halfway. Depending on the oven, add another 5 minutes if needed.
- Top with the crumbled feta and serve!