This most delicious Red Velvet Almond Flour Marble Bundt Cake is moist, perfectly flavored with almond, and has the cutest swirl. It is easy to prepare and so elegant to serve with a simple drizzle of lemon icing. The red velvet part of the cake is adapted but still has a vibrant red and a subtle cocoa powder.
If you liked the flourless almond cake, you will love this one too! As a matter of fact, if you are an almond flour lover, you need to try these fudgy almond flour brownies or this decadent almond flour chocolate cake.
Bundt cake recipes are popular during Valentine's season and the red velvet is the perfect combo for it. However, you can also enjoy it for Easter, Christmas, or all year round!
Why you will love this cake:
- EASY to prepare
- ELEGANT with the beautiful swirl and icing
- DELICIOUS almond cake flavor
- Extra MOIST
🥣 Ingredients Needed
The steps to baking this red velvet almond flour cake are really simple and it takes minimal time for maximal results.
Here is what you need for your bundt cake recipe:
- Eggs: Medium size
- Butter: I use salted but unsalted butter is great too
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Almond meal/flour
- Almond extract for extra flavor, you can use vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder: Leavening agent
- Baking soda: Acid agent to activate the baking powder
- Red food colouring
See recipe card for quantities.
In terms of utensils, you need to gather (affiliate links)
Let's get started and make this yummy almond flour cake!
- First, crack the eggs in the large bowl and mix them with the sugar. (1)
- Then, melt the butter and add it to the egg/sugar mix. (2)
- Next, add the baking powder, baking soda and the flour, mix well until it is fully incorporated. (3)
- Now, add the almond flour and mix some more. (4)
- In a small bowl, put a little less than half of the cake batter and add in the chocolate / cocoa powder and the red food colouring. Stir well.
- In the larger bowl, add the almond extract.
- Lastly to assemble this easy marble cake: pour some of the almond or vanilla cake batter in the cake pan, then some of the red batter and alternate to make cake layers. Using a knife, create the swirls.
TIP: If you want an extra vibrant red, add another 2 or 3 drops.
TIP: Remember to grease your pan to make sure your marble bundt cake comes out easily.
One last step, you need to bake the cake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, you will need to let cool down at room temperature before trying to flip it onto a plate.
How can you resist this sweet and moist almond flour cake?
Look at this cute swirl between the red velvet and the almond cake!
SUGGESTION: Make a super simple sweet lemon icing using lemon juice and fresh lemon zest if you have and drizzle on top of the cake. You can also top it up with some sliced almonds.
Of course, if you want to be traditional with the red velvet part of the bundt cake, you can use cream cheese icing.
A red velvet cake is known for its vibrant red color and the subtle taste of cocoa powder. Also, it typically calls for vinegar and buttermilk to enhance the flavor, color, and moisture. Here, I adapted it since this cake has the perfect moisture thanks to the almond flour.
Absolutely, bundt cakes are known for their shape. Bundt in German means ''Gathering of people'' and this shape makes the cake very shareable. However, note that if you use another cake pan, you might need to adjust the cooking time (maybe a few more minutes).
Alternate the pouring of the batter in the pan or if you are 2, pour simultaneously. Then, using a knife, swirl the 2 batters in a pan into a circular movement.
You can store the cake in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
This recipe was developed with almond flour and all-purpose flour. Instead, try this flourless almond cake.
More Cake Recipes Like This One: Marble, Red Velvet and Almond Cakes!
- Classic chocolate vanilla marble cake
- Decadent Chocolate Almond Flour Cake
- Light and moist chocolate cake using egg whites to make it so airy!
📖 Red Velvet Almond Flour Marble Bundt Cake
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Small mixing bowl
- 1 Bundt pan
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter 125 g or ½ cup cubed
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- In the large bowl, crack and whisk the eggs. Add in the sugar and whisk some more.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (15 seconds at a time) or in a pot on the stove and add it to the egg/sugar mix.
- Then, add the baking powder, baking soda and the flour, mix well until it is full incorporated.
- Next, add the almond flour and mix some more.
- In a small bowl, put a little less than half of the cake batter and add in the cocoa powder and the red food colouring. Stir well.
- In the larger bowl, add the almond extract.
- Grease the bundt pan with a small piece of butter and a paper towel.
- Pour some of the almond cake batter in the cake pan, then some of the red batter and alternate to make cake layers. Using a knife, create the swirls.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out dry from the cake.
- In a ramekin, combine icing sugar and lemon juice. The consistency should be runny, add a drop at a time of lemon if it is too thick. Drizzle on the cake as desired.