Quinoa fried rice is a simple weekday dinner with a little twist, no rice but quinoa. Quinoa is a great source of protein and perfect for lunch the next day. Packed with veggies and a delicious, it's ready to put together.
To reduce the preparation time, I would suggest cooking 2 or 3 cups of quinoa and freezing it. Dinner will be ready in a gif and your future you will thank you. Cutting the carrots and the onions will be the only task that will long, If I may say.
Quinoa Fried Rice For My Quinoa Love
I'm a quinoa lover and I have converted my kids also. I have popped quinoa for healthy snacks and I have stuffed portobello mushrooms. It's a staple, I add it regularly to my lunch salads to bring to work and my kids ask for it too when they see me preparing it.
I buy a blend of white, red, and black quinoa but you can certainly adapt with what you have on hand.
Easy Dinner & Perfect Leftovers
You can definitely add this one to your list of meals idea. It has not appeared in my #whatsfordinner section of my Instagram highlights yet but it has been on the menu.
I have broken down all the steps in the recipe and you get step-by-step pictures like you would if you order a meal kit. Ahah yes, I'm THAT good! Just kidding. Sort of, I'm really trying to make it easy for you.
Does not this make your life easier? I'm such a visual plus I eat with my eyes so I need to see my pretty food! LOOK AT THESE COLOURS, DON'T THEY LOOK DELICIOUS?
I'm not yelling, I'm excited. I love a pretty colorful plate!
Grab your knife and your cutting board, let's cook!
Quinoa Fried Rice: 30-Minute Vegetarian Dinner
- 2 eggs medium size, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots cubed
- 1 onion minced
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a hot pan, cook the eggs, scrambled. Set aside.
- In the hot pan, pour the olive oil, the carrots, onions and garlic. Cook for 7-10 minutes on medium heat until the carrots are soft and onions golden.
- Add the peas and scallions. Stir together. Cook until the peas have soften. (3-4 minutes)
- Add in the quinoa and mix. Cook one minute.
- Add the scrambled eggs.
- In a small ramekin, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar. Add to the pan. Mix and cook for a minute.
- It's ready to serve! Enjoy!