Tasty, Healthy and Zucchini Fritter is a quick recipe to add to your little ones lunch bag, picnic menu or weekday menu! I love simple yet tasty sides and those fritters are meeting my requirements. Flavoured with pesto, it really adds a great taste, it tastes like summer!
The drizzle of olive oil in the pan is just enough to make it crunchy and healthier. Not fried, not greasy! Just delicious!
What Do You Need To Make The Zucchini Fritter Recipe?
Only 4 ingredients to make an easy recipe with simple ingredients, don’t wait and get busy!
PESTO: Pesto is always in my fridge, I love how I can add it to different dish or salad to enhance a blend dish. The combo with the zucchini is a winner.
EGGS: Most of the time, I buy large eggs so you’ll only need 2. Adapt to 3 if you only have small ones.
FLOUR: A pantry essential, you won’t need that much but really essential to balance the humidity of your zucchini fritter.
That is it!
Why Are My Fritters Soggy?
Zucchinis retain a lot of water. Although you have the flour to absorb the humidity, you need to squeeze some out as well.
This is an essential step before making the zucchini fritter recipe. Doing this and the flour will balance the moisture of your fritter and keep the crisp after you cook it.
The fritter taste best when fresh and warm. However, it does keep well in a container to reheat later. I enjoy then cold too and so do my kids.
How To Serve With A Zucchini Fritter?
– You can eat it for a lunch on the go with a topping such as a tzatziki like this one from Momsdish.
– Make it a nice vegetarian lunch and serve it on the side of a delicious salad. What a nutritious lunch!
– Snack time! If you are more of a savoury person, this is a nutritious snack for grown-ups and kids. Pack it for work or for school.
More Easy Recipes To Eat On The Go!
There is also the Carrot and Chicken Patties also an easy handheld lunch.
From my fellow bloggers:
This BBQ chicken roll ups looks perfect for my lunch box!
My kids would love these Easy Savoury Sweet Potato Muffins, how about you?
Quick Zucchini Pesto Fritter
- 2 Zucchinis
- 2 Eggs Large, beaten
- 1/2 cup Flour 50g
- 1 tsp Pesto
- Salt to taste
- Grate the zucchini and place it in a bowl.
- Using a paper towel, drain the water from the zucchinis as shown on picture above.
- Add the eggs, previously beaten, stir well.
- Add the flour all at once and stir some more.
- Finally, add the pesto and the salt and mix well.
- On medium heat, pour a drizzle of olive oil in a pan. When hot, using a tablespoon pour some of the mix on the pan and cook it for 2 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat until done the preparation is all used up.
- Serve warm or cold. Both delicious!