Classic French crêpes in a delicious dairy-free version with oat milk. No taste difference, better for you, jump to the recipe and get busy!
Of course, you knew when you saw my homemade oat milk that I would want to try to substitute it in some recipes. The texture of the oat milk is the perfect substitution for this French crêpes recipe.
Classic French Crêpes or Oat Milk imposter?
During the test tasting, absolutely no one guessed it was not my usual French Classic Recipe. They were totally surprised that it was made with oat milk! Same texture, same taste, healthier version is just a win-win for everyone.
We are not a dairy-free, nut-free or vegan household, however, I do love to challenge my family with healthier or better-for-you recipes. I’m very inspired by Jillian Harris, who does not claim herself as vegan but makes a huge effort for the environment. So I do my bits too, my way.
Quick Recipe For Snack Time
In France, 4 p.m. is sacred and it’s called ‘le goûter’. This is the perfect time you would enjoy the oat milk French crêpes recipe.
The making of the Oat Milk itself is, as I explained in my previous post, very easy and quick. Making French crêpes is not as intimidating as it is, you really just throw all your ingredients in a blender, mix well and there you have your batter.
**TIP** On the stove, on medium heat, warm up a pan. With a paper towel, coat some olive oil to avoid any mess.
Once your pan is HOT, not before, pour some batter.
Always wait for the pan to be hot enough, otherwise, your first French crêpes will not cook well and turning it will be challenging. Don’t worry the next one will be fine!
PSSST! Did you see? I could not resist spreading some of my Red Currant Jam on these babies! This Oat Milk French Crêpes recipe is prepared without any sugar so you can treat yourself with the topping!
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience I have also converted the recipe using this website.
Oat Milk French Crêpes
- 4 eggs
- 150 g flour 1 and 1/3 cup
- 400 ml oat milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil + a little more for the pan
- 45 g granulated sugar 3 tbsp
- 1 pinch salt
- In your blender. Put the eggs. Blend. Add the flour. Blend. Add the oat milk, sugar and salt. Blend briefly. It should be the consistency of egg nog.
- Warm up your pan, pour a little less than a laddle, spread it by moving the pan. Turn it when golden under. Repeat until all the preparation is finished.
- Tip: If you pan is not of good quality or your crêpe gets stuck, use a paper towel with oil or butter on it to make sure it will come of the pan easily.
Did you make it? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat or leave a comment here.