Swirled vanilla & chocolate marble cake is moist & buttery. Easy recipe to prepare, this is the perfect side to your tea/coffee! Break that top crunch ASAP! Beware if you are a dunker: You will want another slice!
Marble cake is the perfect recipe to prepare with your kids so you have the perfect excuse to indulge! I love baking with kids (even I’m guilty of not doing it too often…). Another great one to make with them is the Chocolate-Zucchini cake!
Breakfast, snack, dessert, you pick. Even the day of the week, Monday is a suggestion to get the week rolling. I do need some incentive to get through the week sometimes.
Marble Cake Is For Kids & Grown-ups!
This cake actually brings me some sort of nostalgia. It really reminds me of my childhood back in France. Now, there were a great one you could by in the supermarket.
Baking this marble cake, not only makes me travel, it is a comfort food. And guess what? Looks like I passed that one on to my kids… My little man speaks fondly about the last time we baked one and how we should repeat.
A kitchen is really the heart of a home and where our hearts beat together.
Go bake a piece of comfort, smile and be happy! Share it with someone special!
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience I have also converted the recipe using this website.
Marble Cake: Classic Chocolate & Vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, soften, cubed and packed 125g
- 3/4 cup sugar 150g
- 3 eggs large
- 100 ml milk 2% is fine
- 1 and 3/4 cup flour 200g
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder 2 if you want a richer taste
- Preheat the oven at 360F
- In a bowl, mix the butter and the sugar until smooth
- Add the eggs, then, the milk and stir well
- Add the flour, mix
- Split the mixture in 2: pour the vanilla extract in one and add the cocoa powder in the other one
- Pour in a pan-loaf both mixtures at the same time (one in each hand)
- Bake for 35 minutes or when you put a knife in the cake and it comes out dry. Depending on your oven, bake 25 minutes and add 5 minutes as needed.
Did you bake it? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat so I can see it!