Almond flour meets chocolate chunk to make this moist, easy and delicious cake. Lightly sweeten, these two flavours are the winning combo for your coffee time!
Some recipes are keepers and this one is no exception. I have been baking this cake for years and it never disappoints when I serve it.
How To Make Chocolate Almond Cake
The cake is just moist enough, sweet enough. It will go perfectly as a dessert with a serving of vanilla ice cream or with an espresso.
On top of being so delicious, this almond cake is an easy recipe that kids can prepare. Get them busy! There are only 3 simple steps to execute before popping it in the oven.
Firstly, in a bowl, whisk the eggs and some granulated sugar. You can use a hand mixer if you wish although by hand works well too. Add in the melted butter and mix some more.
Then, another easy part, sift in the flour (all-purpose flour is fine) and the almond meal. TIP: if you are really crazy about the almond taste, pour a few drops of almond extract to emphasize the taste.
Lastly, add your chocolate. Although, at the point, I have to share some extra pointers which will make this almond flour chocolate cake irresistible! If you are in Europe, you might have access to this heavenly delicious chocolate called La Pralinoise from Poulain. Alas, I never saw it in North America. However, using good quality chocolate milk will be a great alternative.
Final step: Bake it and do the dishes! Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top if you wish!
EXTRA STEP: the toughest one, waiting until the cake cools down to room temperature to devour it! Enjoy with a glass of milk.
Is Almond Flour And Almond Meal The Same?
Yes! It is for both finely ground almonds. You can say either, I even say ground almonds sometimes. There are all valid. It can be blanched which means the skin of the almonds has been removed before or turned into flour with the skin on (unblanched).
TIP: If you bake a lot and particularly with almond meal, I suggest to buy it in bulk or at Costco. This will be the best bang for your buck! I really love this one because it is super fine and if you want to make French macarons, this is the perfect one!
More Almond Flour Recipes:
– Don’t ignore these fudgy almond flour brownies (gluten free)
– The BEST flourless almond cake
– Pear tart with French almond cream will be a show stopper on your dessert table!
This recipe was originally posted in 2014 but for better user experience, I have updated the pictures and converted the recipe into cups. Enjoy!
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience, I have also converted the recipe using this website.
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
- 3 eggs medium size
- 1/2 cup sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup butter, melted 50g
- a little less than 1 cup flour 100g
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond flour 150g
- 1 and 1/2 cup chocolate milk, chips or chunks 200g
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until foamy. Add the melted butter and whisk some more.
- Sift the flour and mix well. Add all the almond powder and mix well.
- Add the chocolate cut in chunks.
- Pour in the mix in a buttered oven dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or when a knife comes out dry if you pick it.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and enjoy with a glass of milk!