That is right! Last day of February and -26C this morning. I tend to think that Spring will never come around… This is a long and tough winter (Well, at least for me, I am from the South of France, remember?). My previous winters, since 2006, have not been that brutal.
I am not asking for 20C (although, I would not complain) but just anything to a positive degree… Please, please, Winter go away! Am I the only one here? All together. PLEASE, PLEASE, WINTER GO AWAY! It might work :)!
In the meantime, I have a simple recipe to propose. It is super comforting and the entire family will love it. It is creamy, it is warm and it is what you need this weekend.
Tip: You can grate some nutmeg on it. It adds an amazing flavour.
And voilà! Easy, tasty, it is what I do! Enjoy and stay warm.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1/3 cup flour 40g
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed 40g
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg to taste (optional)
- 1 cup Grated cheese preferably Emmental
- Cut your cauliflower into floret and cook it in a steamer. If you do not own a steam, it is not the end of the word, I have cooked it in salted boiling water before, cook it until a knife can enter the vegetable easily.
- Prepare your ingredients: Mise en place.
- In a pot, on low to medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour.
- Stir well, you have a roux.
- Add a little bit of milk and stir. Repeat until you have poured all the milk.
- Season to taste.Stir (still on low to medium heat) until the sauce coats the back of the spoon
- In an oven dish, place the cauliflower, pour the bechamel heavenly on top of it.
- Add the cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven 15-20 minutes at 400F and serve!