Good morning you all!
I missed you! I have been meaning to post earlier than that but I did some technical work on the blog by myself. I am actually quite proud, if you are a geek and you are reading this, migrating from WordPress to become self-hosted and installing plug-ins may not sound like much to you but to me, it is a big accomplishment. So what do you think? How does it look? I went for simple and clean…
If you are thinking of becoming a blogger, you are probably reading tons of advice on other blogs. So did I. I did read a few times that it is better to go directly to a self hosted but the fastest way… I regret but I am happy that I made it on my own. There are some amazing tutorials and forums out there. I feel more in charge of my blog.
On this note, it is Spring… mmh well on the calendar! Not in our backyards yet, sadly and Easter is fast approaching. Sometimes, I go against the flow, and when you are supposed to eat chocolate, you won’t with me. Like for Valentines.
There will be enough chocolate around so no need to make another dessert with it. Instead, I made Rose Apple tarts. It celebrate spring too!
Ingredients for 6 individual tarts:
– Follow this recipe for the crust + 30g of sugar
– 6 tablespoons of the jam of your choice (raspberry for me)
– 3 McIntosh apples
– Follow the instructions here for the crust and add the sugar at the same time than the flour.
– Once your crust is set in your small molds, take the jam and spread a tablespoon in it.
– Peel your apples, cut them into very thin slices and place them in the mold to look like a rose.
– Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 380F.
Aaaaand enjoy! Happy Spring to all of you!
Have a great Sunday!