This oat milk recipe gives a great alternative dairy-free and nut-free milk with only quick 2 ingredients . Also, I used organic and gluten-free oats so this could be THE milk you need.
Homemade anything is sometimes intimidating but it doesn't have to be! Homemade Oat Milk for example is simple to make with a quick 2-ingredient recipe. What could go wrong really?
This oat milk is free from so many allergen and perfect for a vegan diet.
How To Make Oat Milk?
With only 2 ingredients and 4 simple steps, this is the milk recipe you need to give a chance. Perfect for a crowd, it's dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free, organic and vegan! WHAT?
- First, soak the oat in water, for a few minutes, not very long.
- Then, blend in with water. Do not over-blend, it will get slimy and you don't want that!
- Strain it twice (once if you are lazy) as I find twice to give you a nicer texture, colour and gets any potential sliminess that might have formed.
Different Uses Of Oat Milk
First, there is the obvious: if you drink coffee and add some dairy-free milk with it, this is another great substitute. Of course, if tea is your thing or even to your morning cereals, give it a try.
Homemade Taste Better
As you know, I love baking and cooking from scratch so making this easy dairy-free milk is no exception.
We are not vegan or vegetarian but I like to substitute some ingredients to make a healthier version or challenge my taste buds. Do you remember my vegan chocolate tartlets? The filling is dairy-free.
During the test tasting, apparently, the kids said it had a nutty flavour. This oat milk does not taste and feel as watery as another milk alternative.
Funny enough, I wanted to share a good FAQ about oat milk and found one from the Minimalist Baker. Our recipe are actually pretty close except that mine does not include salt, vanilla or anything to add sweetness (she adds dates which I love the idea). I prefer to add flavour or sugar depending on the use I will make of it. Her amazing FAQ is here.
Recipes using Oat Milk
Homemade Oat Milk: The Quick 2-ingredient Recipe
- 1 cup Gluten-free and organic oats
- 16 oz water 4 cups
- In a bowl, soak the oats in water for 5 minutes, no more.
- In a blender, put the oats and the water, mix until fully blended, not more.
- Strain twice through a cheese cloth to avoid any sliminess and get a good colour and texture.
- Cheers! Drink up!
You made it? Tag me on Instagram, I want to see :) @bonappeteat