Hidden zucchinis to be specific. And not for the kids. Nope, it is for dear hubby El Cubano that is a little scared of whatever is green in his plate. Well, good challenge for me! I tricked him and I won! The sweet victory, there is nothing like it!
Last time that I gave a try to add some green, it was with my green smoothie. I wanted to trick him but when he saw it and asked what was in it, I said the truth and asked him to try... Mhhh well, it did not work! Sight.
So this time, he asked, I said nothing, the usual. Ok, good. After, after cleaning up his plate with his fork, I confessed... I am not going to lie, he felt deceived but eh that was for a good cause!
Give it a try, it is really a good lie!
Hidden veggies in tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchinis chopped
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Mince the garlic and the onion and warm your pan. Once the pan is hot, pour the olive oil and add onoin and garlic. Cook them until golden at medium heat.
- Add the zucchinis and let them cook a little, 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato sauce.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes at low heat.
- Optional: Puree the sauce with a handmixer to hide the zucchinis.
- Serve with pasta and a nice grilled chicken.