One of my friends is allergic to wheat and she has become a vegetarian. I was super excited to have her for dinner for a little girly chit-chat since we do not see each other that often! But wow… she had me challenged! That was great actually, I came up with a new recipe and she got really impressed.
I decided to share my little secret as you may have a vegetarian friend too and trust me this tart will be enjoyed.
For my friend, I had prepared small vegetable tarts on a quinoa crust. I was quite simple, tasty and it looked nice.
- I added a drizzle of olive oil and herbes de Provence, I just love that.
- You can serve it as an appetizer, with a soup or a salad.
Are you going to prepare it for the vegetarian in your life or yourself? Let me know if you did!
Quinoa crust tart
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml water
- 6 tbsp mustard
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheese of your choice
- Salt to taste
- In a pot, pour the water, once it is boiling, add the quinoa. Cook for about 20-25 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool down.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste. Add the quinoa, previously drained. Mix. Spread a thick layer in your individual molds (mine are like mini cheesecake molds).
- On each of them, spread a spoon of mustard – I prefer whole grain mustard ''A l'ancienne''.
- Wash your zucchinis and slice them thin. Put them on your quinoa crust.
- Cut your red pepper in brunoise and distribute them on your pie as a topping.
- Add your grated cheese. On this one, I did not put any cheese, but the first time I did it I added crumbles of goat cheese.
- Cook in the oven 15-20 minutes at 400F.