Here is a quick way to satisfy a vegetarian friend: Quinoa crust tart
One of my friend is allergic to wheat and she has become a vegetarian. I was super exited to have her for dinner for a little girly chit-chat since we do not see each other that often! But wow… she had me challenged! That was great actually, I came up with a new recipe and she got really impressed.
I decided to share my little secret as you may have a vegetarian friend too and trust me this tart will be enjoyed.
For my friend, I had prepared small vegetable tarts on a quinoa crust. I was quite simple, tasty and it looked nice.
I added a drizzle of olive oil and herbes de Provence, I just love that.
You can serve it as an appetizer, with a soup or a salad.
Are you going to prepare it for the vegetarian in your life or yourself? Let me know if you did!
- In a pot, pour the water, once it is boiling, add the quinoa. I would say it needs to cook about 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool down.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add salt and pepper to taste. Add the quinoa, previously drained. Mix. Spread a thick layer in your individual molds (mine are like mini cheesecake molds).
- On each of them, spread a spoon of mustard - I prefer whole grain mustard ''A l'ancienne''.
- Wash your zucchinis and slice them thin. Put them on your crust.
- Cut your red pepper in brunoise and distribute them on your pie as a topping. Add your grated cheese. On this one, I did not put any cheese, but the first time I did it I added crumbles of goat cheese.
- Cook in the oven 15-20 minutes or went your zucchinis look ready.