This easy vegan mushroom soup will be able to satisfy so many people around the table. Accidentally for vegan, (I am not vegan or vegetarian and for mushroom lovers, this is it! This is your winter delicious soup, flavored with sage, you will make on repeat because it's quite easy to put together!
With a hint of sage, this hearty mushroom soup is a rich, flavourful, and dairy-free soup that can be served as an appetizer or main dish. Garnish elegantly with some croutons, mushrooms, and lightly fried sage leaves, no one will resist it.
Healthier soup, this one has no cream, just broth. This is a great recipe that is low in fat and could be adapted to the slow cooker if you wish.
Mushrooms For Fall (vegan) Soup Lovers
If you are a mushroom lover, you need to try this easy sage and vegan mushroom soup. I have made it easy for you and it will be ready in about 30 minutes. Review the step-by-step pictures and tell me you are not looking forward to making this?
Do I see a smile? I got you! Go make it!
Chop an onion, cut the mushrooms, wash the sage, there are not that many steps to it. In the recipe box at the bottom, I took pictures of every steps so you have a visual.
Mushrooms & Fall
I would say I would rather eat mushrooms than anything as opposed to pumpkin anything! Mushrooms are definitely a fall ingredient for me and remind me of walks in the forest with my Mom and Grandma to search for them.
Also, have you tried my portobello baked fries? So delicious and baked, not fried. Much better for you. Give a chance to my spinach & quinoa stuffed portobello mushroom, it's a perfect vegetarian lunch!
Heavenly & Easy Sage Mushroom Soup (Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 leaves sage 4 for garnishing
- 400 g button mushrooms, cut in half 2 boxes, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups mushroom broth or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop and cut all the ingredients as needed.
- In a hot pan, pour the olive oil and sauté the chopped onion.
- Add the garlic and sage.
- Allow the garlic to golden.
- Add the mushrooms and let them brown 5 minutes on low.
- Stir in the flour until the mushrooms are coated.
- Add the broth, stir and cook for 20 minutes on low.
- With a hand mixer, puree your soup.
- Serve and garnish. Enjoy!