Who loves firing up the BBQ? Who loves healthy, tasty and simple meals? Me, me and me. You too? Well, I got you covered!Today, I am virtually receiving Candice from Everybody loves pretty. I am so happy to have my first guest post from a fellow Canadian food blogger! If you didn't know about the blog, please head over there and discover a lot of healthy recipes and sweets too!
Do you remember I did send a little of Provence to Vancouver with my ratatouille recipe and now, we are getting some fresh salmon from Vancouver in Toronto!
She also did a surprising pesto with carrots tops! How original is that?
She did a batch a pesto ahead of time and used it on her fresh salmon for an easy week day recipe. Candice is having an exiting summer: she got engaged and found a great job! Congratulations Candice and over to you...
"Hello there! My name is Candice, from the Vancouver food blog, Everybody Loves Pretty. Today is a very exciting day because I get to share a fabulous salmon recipe on my favorite Eastern-Canadian food blog, Bon Appét'Eat! It has been very hot over in Vancouver, so instead of using my oven, I have been BBQing up a storm!
This recipe is so very easy and extremely delicious! It's the perfect summer dinner that is very light and healthy to ensure you keep your bathing suit body! I just started working full-time and have been trying to think up recipes that are quick and easy to make after getting home from a long day. This one definitely made the cut!
I recently went fishing when I went back home last weekend and actually caught this salmon. It is definitely a treat to catch your dinner and eat it too! ;) It certainly made it taste all that much better too!
Thank you so much Candice for preparing such a nice recipe to share on Bon Appét'Eat!
BBQ salmon fillets and a surprising pesto
Servings: 2 portions
- 2 salmon fillets
- ¼ cup carrot top pesto
- 10 small carrots peeled
- 1 zucchini sliced
- ¼ olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- - Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- - Drizzle ⅓ of the olive oil over the salmon fillets; cover both salmon fillets with the carrot top pesto.
- - Place the salmon fillets between two sheets of tin foil and crimp the edges so they are closed.
- - Place on the bbq and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily.
- - Meanwhile, drizzle carrots and zucchini with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- - Place vegetables between two sheets of tin foil and crimp the edges so that they are closed
- - Place on the BBQ for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
Carrot top pesto can be made ahead of time. www.bonappeteat.ca