Something came out this good...
Why would you want to resist breaking this topping to make it through a creamy vanilla or chocolate spoonful? WHY?
Listen to me... I discovered Sahara Tea through a friend, she offered me some teas. Right away, 100 Mysteries attracted me. The coconut prevails but the aroma of this mix will seduce you. It seduced me. Although I drink a lot of coffee, this one would totally make a fair trade in the morning!
Some Sunday, as I was gathering my ingredients to make a crème brûlée, I opened the cupboard to reach for the sugar and saw the Sahara Tea box... Shall I dare? Shall do I and give it a try?
Thank god I did! I used a teabag in the making of the recipe and it added a great flavor to eat. A hint of coconut and a nutty taste is an amazing upgrade to a crème brûlée. Topped with fresh grated coconut! WOOOW! Yes, that's right!
I am so exited of this partnership with Sahara Tea and hopefully a lot of you are going to know them!
Sahara Tea is dedicated to delivering the best aromas, taste, and health benefits. They offer a wide variety of products: Wellness, organic, classic, tisane, or even iced tea.
They also offer their own teaware such are pincer or infuser. I really encourage you to go and visit their page at www.saharatea.ca and say hi to Reena, the very sweet owner.
Before we get to the super exciting part, let me share my recipe with you! It is very similar to the original one with 2 small extra steps.
Coconut Crème brûlée
- 250 ml of the 35% cream
- 250 ml of milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 tea portion of 100 Mysteries from Sahara Tea
- ¼ of a cup of freshly grated coconut
- Bring the milk to boil.
- - Remove from the stove and put the tea mix with a pincer or a bag to infuse for 5 minutes. Then add the cold cream to the milk.
- - Add the egg yolks and the sugar that you would have previously beaten together.
- - Stir well.
- - Take a baking sheet that has little borders, place your ramequins filled up with the preparation.
- - Bake bain-marie (add water on the baking sheet so the ramequins are baking in water) - sorry should have taken a picture too.
- - Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375F.
- - Allow to cool down and keep refrigerate for 2 hours.
- - Before you jump on it and eat it... Sprinkle with some sugar on top of the crème and with a baking torch, caramelize it.
- - Sprinkle with some freshly grated coconut
THIS IS FOR YOU! That is right, you can enter the draw with the widget below to get the chance to win this box. It includes:
- 2 super cute heart-shape pincers
- 2 boxes of 100 Mysteries, my favorite E-VER!
- 2 samples of Skinny genie tea
Estimated value: $50!
Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents. The giveaway is open from Tuesday, July 8th until 11:59 pm EST on Sunday, July 13th. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected.