This vegan ginger carrot soup will warm up your soul with simple ingredients and lots of flavour. With a smooth texture, a vibrant colour, this soup is aromatic and sweet.
What do you have in your fridge? Which vegetables do you always have on your grocery list? Garlic check, onions check, carrots check, celery most of the time, only ginger would be an occasional ingredients.
Nothing warms up our heart and body like a homemade soup. My favourite one is probably my leek soup, full of flavours; although, the mushroom soup (also vegan) is not far behind because it is so simple to make for an outstanding result!
How Do You Make A Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup?
SIMPLE IS KEY: You don't have to add 15 ingredients in your soup to make something yummy.
This vegan ginger carrot is easy to prepare, can be made ahead and frozen for later. Double your batch while you are at it! Here we only have 5 ingredients and the broth, you are a quick chop-chop away from your warm soup.
Chop all your vegetable.
In the pot, they go. Add vegetable broth and simmer.
Puree the soup using your immersion blender.
The Health Benefits Of Ginger Carrot Soup
- Good for your eyes thanks to the abundance of Vitamin A
- Perfect to enhance your healthy skin with the carotenoids in carrots.
- Vitamin A will also boost your immune system and we all need that in the winter!
- The list goes on: Your whole body benefits, your blood pressure, your teeth, your cholesterol level... There is nothing bad about it! It is also rich in fiber (25% of your daily needs). Read more about it here.
- Complementing the benefits of the carrots as ginger is also great for your digestive system.
- Great pain and muscle reliever, adding ginger to your soup while sick or sore in your body is a great idea. It contains an anti-inflammatory compound.
Wait... It's VEGAN?
Yes! And when I tested and served it at home, I just said it was a ginger and carrot soup, a delicious smooth soup recipe for our Sunday dinner. We generally eat soups on Sunday nights, it's comforting before the crazy week! Look at my menu ideas on my highlights on Instagram.
IT IS VEGAN, there are no animal products and dairy. Just simple ingredients coming together and giving a vibrant colour and rich flavours.
Family-Approved: Kids AND hubby loved it. And let me tell you, I need to be strategic with hubby sometimes for test tasting!
More vegan recipe ideas:
The Green Goodness for the Goddess Soup (Vegan): Kale, Zucchini and Spinach
The delicious Vegan Sage Mushroom Soup is so easy!
Also make your own Vegetable Broth from scraps.
Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 branches celery, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced big ones or 5 medium
- 2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Chop and cut everything as needed: Do your mise en place.
- In a hot large pot, add some olive oil and sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the broth, stir.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 40 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, puree your soup until there are no more vegetable pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you bake it? Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat so I can see it!