Seriously fudgy, these chocolate almond flour brownies are irresistible. This gluten-free version of a classic decadent dessert is seriously amazing. The perfect crispy top and chewy inside with bits of walnuts will conquer everyone tasting it!
This recipe is really simple and quick to whip together. Only a few steps to prepare and pop it in the oven, try to resist not devouring it once out of it oven! Pour yourself a glass of milk and call it heaven!
The crunch of the walnut is a great addition to these yummy chocolate squares. This is the homemade recipe for brownies you have been waiting for!
📖 What Do You Need?
Simple ingredients for the easiest recipe! Look at this texture, you would not believe it's gluten-free. Only 3 steps to this moist and chocolaty dessert:
1 - Melt the butter and chocolate together. You can either use the microwave and if so I would recommend doing 20 seconds at a time and stirring each time. If you are using a pot, I would suggest making a water bath (use 2 pots of different sizes, put the butter and chocolate in the smaller one. Pour about an inch of water in the bigger one, place on the stove, and put the smaller pan in the bigger one). it will allow melting without burning.
2 - Whisk the sugar and the eggs. And whisk it like to mean it, until your arms hurt! I'm kidding, sort of. This is an important step if you don't want your brownies to be flat and cakey. Add some air.
3. Combine. Add the melted chocolate/butter to the egg/sugar mix.
4. Lastly, add the dry ingredients: your almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Don't forget the walnuts, they bring an amazing crunch to it.
Bake in the oven and prepare yourself mentally to not eat it all in one sitting, this is the almond flour brownie of your dreams coming together!
What Kind Of Chocolate Should I Use To Make Brownies?
I used the one I had in my pantry, it is semi-sweet milk chocolate. I find it more kid-friendly when using milk chocolate but dark chocolate is also a definite go for me for this kind of recipe!
Unsweetened or semi-sweet should be your choice as the recipe is also calling for sugar and I love to decorate with icing sugar. It adds up, right?
What Is Almond Flour? Where Do I Get It?
Almond flour is the same as an almond meal or almond ground. There are blanched (or unblanched) almonds made into a powder. That is all there is to it.
It is a perfect option to make gluten-free desserts. Try my Flourless Almond Cake, an easy and quick recipe! It's been quite the rage since I published it. #soproud
You can find almond flour in the baking aisle of your store. I get mine at Costco, this is the one I get because I use it so much. Buying in bulk at Bulk Barn (for Canada) is also a great option.
More Decadent Chocolate Recipes:
- Chocolate Lava Cake for 2 - Delicious small batch
- Chocolate Crème Brûlée - A classic with chocolate
- Decadent Chocolate Zucchini Cake - A hidden veggie, bonus points!
- Chocolate Truffles - Simple 2 ingredient recipe
- Chocolate Tart - Decadent French classic
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience, I have also converted the recipe using this website.
📖 Recipe: Fudgy Almond Flour Brownies (Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup milk chocolate (or dark), unsweetened 120g
- ⅓ cup butter 75g
- 2 eggs medium
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup almond flour 100g
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 410F.
- In a large pot, pour about an inch of water, place on the stove. In a smaller pot, melt the butter and chocolate together by placing that smaller pot in the water bath.
- Whisk the sugar and the eggs until the mixture is fluffy and the colour lightens.
- Combine the melted chocolate/butter to the egg/sugar mix.
- Add the dry ingredients: your almond flour, baking powder and baking soda. Don’t forget the walnuts!
- In a pan 9'' x 6'', grease if necessary, pour your brownie batter and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Test with a knife or tooth pic to check if it is ready. It should not come out fully dry! Take it out as as it cool down it will keep cooking a little. You want your brownies moist and chewy not dry!
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat