Hellooo! Today, I’m talking about a recipe inspired by my French culture and it’s awesome! What’s so great about that recipe? So many things!
– Kids and adults love it.
– Meat lovers and vegetarian eat it.
– You get to eat your green.
– It’s perfect for dinner and makes a great lunch for school or work.
Saying it’s inspired by my French culture is not totally right nor fair… to my son! My little superhero loves to watch Popeye and asks me regularly to buy spinach at the grocery store. I know, I am a super lucky mom as not all the kids asks for spinach, broccoli and green beans at the store.
When we do crêpes at home, I love the atmosphere, it’s relax and we each choose what we want in our crêpe. I used to have dinner like this with my Dad when I used to live with him in France, it was our French version of breakfast for dinner.
As a Mom, it’s a privilege to pass along some evening’s tradition and make my souvenirs their souvenirs.
Those crêpes are the Popeyes crêpes like my son calls it, it brings color to your plate and stimulate your originality. What do you want in it? Veggies? Ham? Cheese? And egg? At home, we go simple with ham and cheddar cheese, fresh ground pepper and salt.
Something we love to do is the split the recipe in 2, save some spinach-free batter to make some sweet crêpes for dessert. Chocolate crêpes anyone? Or would you go for the traditional French melted butter, sprinkle with sugar and a zest of lemon.
French Savory Spinach Crêpes
- 4 eggs medium size
- 1 and half flour 200g
- 400 ml milk
- 4 cups spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil or melted butter.
- In a blender, put the eggs. Blend to whisk them. Add the flour. Blend. Add the milk. Blend. It should be the consistency of egg nog.
- Add the spinach and the salt. Blend until the spinach leaves are mixed in the batter.
- Warm up your pan, grease it with a paper towel dipped in a little bit of oil or melted butter.
- Pour 1/2 a cup in our crêpes pan, spread it by moving the pan so it is covering all the pan. Turn it when it is cooked and starting to golden.
- Grease and repeat until all the batter is finished.
- Fill your crêpes with what you love: ham, cheese, veggies, sunny side egg… the sky is the limit!