If you don’t have a light and moist chocolate cake recipe in your life, this would be it! Light as the air because of the egg whites beaten and incorporated to the preparation. Moist as it needs to be which makes it irresistible.
Let’s Talk Chocolate
I’m also making your life sweeter but not too much! You know this is how I roll. My desserts are sweet but just enough, otherwise the sugar is too empowering and it takes from the real taste and flavour of the cake.
CHOCOLATE: Choose it well, I did talk about choosing a quality chocolate when baking as it will make a difference in the taste. The French Chocolate Mousse and the Chocolate Tart are great exemples to tasty desserts with a great chocolate.
Moist Chocolate Cake: Any. Day. Any. Season. Bake. It.
Birthday? Family lunch? That works. Everyone will be delighted and all the sweet tooth satisfied with a moist and airy decadent dessert. You will not have to worry about the leftovers. Do you ever with Chocolate Cake?
Winter? Summer? It does not matter! You can garnish the cake with summery fruits in summer and maybe a drizzle of hot chocolate in winter? The bravest one might go for a nice Vanilla ice cream on top of it. Probably any season will do for the latter.
Step by step: Although it is an easy recipe, I’m giving you a visual guide to make your life even easier. You will understand better what makes this dessert such an airy and moist chocolate cake.
Without any further ado, I’m going to let you get organized in the kitchen and do your mise en place as it will make your baking smoother.
I highly recommend making my recipes using a scale but for your convenience I have also converted the recipe using this website.
- 1/4 cup Butter 60g
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate 100g
- 5 Eggs Large
- 1/2 cup Sugar 100g
- 1/2 Flour 60g
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate. Set aside. Mix the egg yolks and 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites with the rest of the sugar (1/4) cup until firm.
- Add the butter-chocolate mix to egg yolk-sugar mix. Stir until everything is blend in.
- Add the flour gradually and stir.
- Add the beaten egg whites and mix it with a rubber spatula, be careful to mix by starting from the bottom and bring it up and repeat. Not to "break" the whites.
- Cook in the oven at 350F for 25 minutes – your knife should come out clean when you dip in the cake to know if it is cooked.