Easy One-Pot French Ratatouille is the perfect side dish to have on repeat while the delicious vegetables are in season. This mix of zucchini, eggplant, tomato, onion and garlic is so easy to prepare! From garden to table!
This French vegetable stew-like is the perfect side dish to a grilled meat or also quite delicious on its own with a cheesy pull apart bread for example.
Tossing all your vegetables in one pot and letting them cook, does it get much easier? All the flavours blended together, the easy French ratatouille is as delicious warm or cold.
If you are not traveling this summer, this dish will send you straight to the south of French. Picture yourself at the French market buying all these delicious vegetables to make an easy but oh-so-yummy one-pot ratatouille!
Ratatouille: One-pot meal
I would recommend to double the recipe while you are at it. The French ratatouille recipe is really easy, you will need a little bit of time to do some chop chop but then, you throw everything in the pot and let it cook on low for 20-25 minutes.
Moreover, it is so very delicious to be eating all this veggies while in season, the tomatoes are so juicy. Adding some herbs just makes the French ratatouille complete!
French Family Recipe in one easy pot
If your kids eat everything (or if you want them to check my post: My French influence 6 tips to get your kids to eat everything), this is an easy recipe to prepare on the weekend for later.
I must admit that once cooked, the ratatouille is not the most appealing dish but the smell in the kitchen will definitely make up for it!
Easy One-Pot French Ratatouille
- 5 gloves of garlic minced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper diced
- 3 Large tomatoes grape diced
- 1 Eggplant diced
- 2 Zucchinis diced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 and half tsp Herbes de Provences or rosemary, thyme
- In a large pot, low heat, pour the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion. Then, the pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, the eggplant and the zucchinis. Stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt and the Herbes de Provence.
- Let it simmer at low heat for 20 minutes, half covered with a lid or until the vegetables are cooked but not mushy.