This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These buttery lemon lavender cookies are deliciously crumbly and addictive. The extra tasty add-on of the lemon icing drizzled on them brings it to the next level. Make these shortbread cookies with only 4 ingredients plus the aroma of the lemon zest and the dried lavender. This Spring recipe is perfect to make for Mother’s Day, an edible gift or to add to your cookie jar.
If you loved my French Madeleines with rose water, you will love the floral note on these cookies. Also, if my crumbly and buttery almond shortbread cookies are now on your favourite recipe list, you have to give a try to this one!
I love travelling with my senses, you should know that of me by now!
What Do You Need For This Recipe?
I love recipes involving few ingredients but above all few dishes.
a big bowl
a hand mixer or a whisk
a baking sheet
a silicone mat – such a great investment to reduce parchment paper use!
a rolling pin
a cookie-cutter – I wanted big cookies so I used my 3-inch cookie cutter.
Soft unsalted butter – I used salted butter as I love this salty touch with shortbread!
One lemon for the zest and lemon juice
All purpose flour
Tip: if you don’t have soft butter, grate it with a cheese grater!
How To Make Lemon Lavender Cookies From Scratch?
First things first, gather your ingredients, all 4 of them plus the extra flavours!
– Grab your hand mixer and cream together the butter with the sugar.
– Next, you can add some lemon zest and edible culinary lavender.
– Lastly, add the all purpose flour and work your dough until it holds together.
You now have your shortbread ready! How quick was that? Refrigerate the dough, put away the ingredients, and preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
For the final step, roll down the dough and using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut the cookies and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until it is slightly golden.
Tip: Use 2 chopsticks on each side of your dough before rolling it. You will get an even thickness of dough for your cookies!
Lastly, this is an optional step but you would miss out if you don’t do it… While you allow your cookies to cool at room temperature, prepare the lemon glaze.
Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small ramekin. Whisk until smooth. Now drizzle on your lavender lemon cookies and sprinkle with lavender.
Baking FAQ For The Lemon lavender Shortbread Cookies
Your cookies should cool completely before being stored in an air-tight container for 3 to 5 days.
Lavender tastes like an aromatic herb, a little bit earthy and woody. You have to try it for yourself, it is deliciously different.
There are so many things you can do, here are a few ideas:
– Lavender tea
– Flavour your crème brulée with a lavender infusion
– Flavoured sugar with lavender
More Recipes With Flavours From Flowers
Deliciously Buttery Lemon Lavender Cookies
- Hand-mixer or whisk
- Baking sheet
- Silicone mat
- Rolling pin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter soft
- 1 tsp lavender chopped if you wish
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and butter using your hand-mixer or whisk.
- Next, you can add the lemon zest and lavender.
- Lastly, add the flour and work your dough until it holds together.
- Cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the over at 400F and prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat or pachment paper.
- Using a rolling pin and a slightly flour dusted surface, roll down your dough.
- Using a 3 inch cookie cutter (or 2-inch and you'll get 12), cut the cookies and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until it is slightly golden.
- In a ramekin, combine icing sugar and lemon juice in a small ramekin. Whisk until smooth.
- Now drizzle on your lavender lemon cookies and sprinkle with lavender.
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat