This creamy salmon and broccoli pasta is the perfect recipe for the best quick weeknight dinner. Easy to put together, fresh salmon fillets, broccoli, your favorite pasta, and some cream, delicious ingredients for a great home-cooked meal.
Your salmon is pan-seared in butter which enhances the taste of the fresh salmon. It becomes crispy on the edges, so yummy. If you want, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice while cooking it. Add to this an al-dente pasta and broccoli, this is just a winning combo of flavours!
How Do You Make Salmon And Broccoli Pasta
The recipe steps are simple and quick enough for nice week-night cooking.
First, in a large pot, heat the pasta water. Pick your favorite shape of pasta, I really like the butterfly one but the kids love spaghetti. What is yours? You can also adapt with gluten-free pasta, whole wheat, or whatever your jam is! Once cooked, set aside.
In another big pot, or in the pasta one you use for the pasta (depends who is doing the dishes!), cook your broccoli florets. If you want to steam them, it works too. Set also aside.
In a hot pan, melt some butter, or olive oil if you prefer, and pan-sear the salmon for 6-7 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper to it. Don't flip it a bunch of times, let it cook. Once fully cooked, you can crumble it, you can keep it in its entirety too but it is much easier to toss it with the pasta and the broccoli. This is a great moment to add a lemon zest of a squeeze.
I used heavy cream. This is a quick way to make creamy pasta.
Finally, we are reaching the last step! Pay attention and have the table set and ready to eat because it will go fast from here.
Sauté some onion and garlic in a hot pan, add the cream and stir well. Simmer for a few minutes.
Add in the pasta, the broccoli, and the salmon. Toss well. Top your salmon pasta with black pepper if you wish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
That is it! How delicious is that creamy salmon pasta recipe?
CHEESE IT UP! Of course, you can add some parmesan cheese on top or whatever cheese you have on hand. Do so once served to allow to melt right away!
Could you cook the salmon the oven?
If the crispy salmon cooked on the butter is not a tempting way to prepare the recipe, I have a healthier alternative option for you.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place the salmon and sprinkle some olive oil, salt, and pepper. You can add some lemon zest if you like it, it is an amazing combo of flavour.
Bake for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and break it into small pieces to be ready to toss with the reserved pasta, broccoli, and cream.
Can I Make This Salmon And Broccoli Pasta Ahead?
Yes and No! You can prepare some of the recipes ahead of time. Cooked pasta can be store a few days in the fridge. Same for the broccoli, you can cook it and keep it in a container, also in the fridge.
Making the whole recipe in advance can be done but the results won't be the same. It will not be as creamy as it will be absorbed by the pasta.
My recommendation: Prep ahead and assemble on the day of!
What To Serve With Pastas?
Carbs on carbs is my answer: make my cheesy garlicky pull-apart bread, you will not be sorry!
On an healthier note, here are some salad ideas for you:
Other Great Pasta Dinners You'll Love
- A vegetarian inspiration: Butternut Squash, Spinach & Goat Cheese Roll-Up
- A classic so popular in my house: Lasagna
- A One-pot dinner I made at Noshing with the Nolands: Easy Chorizo Pasta
Creamy Salmon and Broccoli Pasta
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 portions salmon (113g each)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated optional
- Cook your favorite pasta according the directions on the packaging. Set aside.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Wash and cut the broccoli into small florets. Cook the broccoli 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a hot pan, melt some butter, or olive oil if you prefer, and pan-sear the salmon for 6-7 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper to it.
- Once fully cooked, you can crumble it. Set aside.
- Chop your garlic and onions. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, pour the olive oil, sauté the garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add in the cream and simmer for a minute or 2. Stir well.
- Add in the pasta, the broccoli, and the salmon. Toss well.
- Top your salmon pasta with black pepper if you wish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and eat right away! Bon Appetit!
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.