Coffee pots de crème is quick and easy to prepare and it will such a hit on the dessert table! It’s creamy, decadent and not too sweet and oh-so-satisfying!
Coffee lovers: warning! You will just love it and eat 2 in a row (true story) and will have to make some more! Good news! This recipe is easy to put together. The main skill required is to separate an egg yolk from the white. Easy, right?
As you may know, I am such a crazy coffee lover. We have a great DeLonghi coffee machine that grind the coffee beans and makes a good strong coffee just like I love them. I even had fun and made myself a nice little pool of coffee, did you see it on Instagram?
Pots de crème Etc…!
All these French dessert names might be confusing but it’s not that much different. Créme brûlée has a caramelized top like this traditional one or this tea flavoured one. I even made a crème brûlée tart that my son challenge me to bake.
The pot de crème is bake the same way, in a water bath, but no topping. I also made a chocolate version.
Finally, I also have a crème aux oeufs or vanilla custard recipe where I use the whole egg as opposed to this recipes above where I use only the egg yolks.
All to say, coffee pots de crème may sound French (and it is) like the other creamy desserts, it is just more challenging to pronounce not to bake!
Coffee Pots de crème
- 250 ml Heavy cream
- 250 ml milk
- 2 espressos
- 4 egg yolks medium
- 1/3 cup sugar 80g
- Pour the milk in a pot. On medium heat, bring it to a simmer.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together. Set aside.
- Remove from the stove and add the cold cream and the espressos.
- Add the egg yolks and the sugar. Stir well.
- On a baking sheet, place your ramequins or petit pots filled up with the preparation. Add water so your ramekins are in a water bath.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 300F.
- Allow to cool down and keep refrigerate for 2 hours.
Have you baked it? Please tell me how you did and send me a picture. I would love to see your creations! What else have you bakes from my blog? I want to hear from you!
Tag me on Instagram so I can see!