The ultimate juicy and cheesy quesadillas. I mean, you bite in it and the extra juice and the string of cheese. That’s it your hand are all messy but isn’t it even tastier?
This is just the recipe you need to get ride of your chicken left over, being a rosted chicken, barbecue chicken breasts, it will do the trick!
I did not have avocados or guacamole, it would have been a great addition. But let me tell you that even like this, alone, you don’t need to get convince to devour it!
I choose vine tomatoes because there are more juicy. Also, red pepper is what I had in the fridge, but go ahead, yellow or orange are great too. Fruity peppers are just the perfect combination to the chicken.
Oh and the cheese. Don’t forget it, it’s the best part! I had mozzarella but I used cheddar before and still good.
Yep, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. How about this in front of the tv watching the soccer game, eh? Right, I don’t watch soccer, I will be on the terrace sipping a drink and licking my fingers!
Do you eat in front of the tv? What is your favorite thing to munch on? I am controlling myself and trying not to… When I was on maternity leave, I would eat an impressive amount of chocolate when the kids would be asleep. I had to recharge. Legitimate and survival need! Ahah…
Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
- – 1 teaspoon of garlic butter
- – Half of a big onion chopped
- – 1 pepper red and small size for me, julienned
- – 2 vine tomatoes diced
- – A handful of chopped chives
- – 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken left over in small pieces
- – Salt
- – 2 cups of shredded cheese mozzarella
- – 4 tortillas crepes about 12” diameters
- – In a pan, medium heat, melt the butter. Then add the onions. Let it brown.
- – Add the pepper and the tomato, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- – Add the chives, the chicken and the salt to taste and mix well.
- – In another pan, big enough to fit your tortilla crepes, at medium heat, place a crepe, 1/4 cup of cheese and half of your chicken preparation from the other pan, sprinkle another 1/4 cup of cheese and close with another tortilla.
- – Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and turn it over for another 3-4 minutes.
- – Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- – Slice and serve while warm and extra cheesy!