Firstly, those beautiful patties where not really meant to be either. Unplanned but oh so good. Unplanned is the best sometimes in the kitchen! A few leftover: chicken, some rice and sad carrots. Bingo!
Of course, you add some cheese, cheese is love. Ah ah, I sound like a commercial. Also, I had some fresh parsley and I was really happy about a fresh herb added to it. The sweet carrots seduced the kids and El Cubano.
I breaded the patties for some crunch and inside stayed moist and soft. By the way, I baked them. So much more healthier. No regret, it was perfect. It was kids and hubby approved.
The batch will be big enough for some lunch leftover. Does it get any better than that?
Are do you deal with unexpected events in your life? We are in our little routine and then we get thrown a curved ball. It’s not always easy to catch it. I lost my job. Wow, that was not planned. Not at all. One kid in day care, a mortgage and an emergency root canal.
Thankfully, within 10 days, I found something else where I’m happier. Let’s see what the future holds. That was probably a blessing in disguise. I hope.
After this happened, I just stopped blogging. Why? I lost my routine, my comfort, I did not know what to do about it. Is my time well spend blogging? Actually, it is. The kitchen is my creative space, I try, I fail and I succeed.
You never know how you will react and act in front a particular situation. We always think that it happens to your neighbour but… don’t forget, you are somebody’s neighbour.
I bounced back, it’s a bump in the road and I did got a few lessons out of it… I’ll share them with you some day. I learnt, I grew and got a few wake up calls.
So sorry, I abandoned the blog for so long… I missed it and above all I missed you. I guess the longer I was away, the harder it was to get back to it. Anyway, I am back, although I was never gone. But I’m still trying to find a balance. Not easy, it’s new.
How do you cope with situations that change you all routine?
- - 1/2 an onion or 1/2 a cup, minced
- - 1/4 a cup of orange pepper, diced.
- - 1 cup of mashed carrots (2 big carrots)
- - 1 cup of shredded chicken mixed with 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- - 1 teaspoon of salt
- - 1 tablespoon of parsley
- - 1/2 a cup rice, cooked
- - 1 cup of grated cheddar
- - 2 to 3 cups of parmesan bread crumbs
- - Olive oil
- - In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- - Make a ball the size of a golf ball, flatten it.
- - Roll it in the crumbs and place it on a baking sheet.
- - Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- - Drizzle some olive oil on each patties
- - Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 380F