Well, he is not so little anymore, today he is turning 17… I still remember that day what he was born, it was a Wednesday too. Life happens so fast, specially since I left France.
It is one of the heart-breaking part of being 6000kms away from your family… You do not get to share happy moments, you do not get to bake them a birthday cake, or know what exactly to get for them… You are far, he has grown, he is not a little boy anymore. It is sad to be missing somebody like that, it is like if you heart has an open wound.
My little brother, I wish you a ”Bon anniversaire” and hope you are having a great day! This is one more cake I owe you, you better make some room in your stomach one day! I miss you and I am a proud big sister, you have become a handsome man and I wish you all the best for the years to come! In the meantime, have a blast, I love you!
I do not have a cake so I am wondering, can we put candles on a Quiche? Haha, maybe not! As promised in the beginning of the week, you can now use your new skill, make a pie crust and then a Quiche.
A few suggestions:
- Can be served in winter with a soup or in summer with a salad
- Your pie crust can be flavored with some poppy seeds or your filling with some herbs
- Can be served as finger food for parties or in one pie mold
- For the crust:
- - 100g of soft butter
- - 200g of flour
- - 60g of milk
- - Salt to taste
- For the filling of the Quiche:
- - 1/4 of cup of chopped green onions
- - 100g of chopped ham
- - 3 large eggs
- - 240g of milk (1cup) (some use sour cream or heavy cream)
- - 2 hands-full of grated cheese, ideally Emmental
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- For the crust:
- Mix the butter, the flour and salt together until it is crumbly. Add the milk at once and mix gently to form a bowl of dough. Don’t over-work it, just enough so all the crumbs are all picked up. Roll it (add a little bit of flour to prevent from sticking but very little) and place onto a pie plate.
- For the filling:
- Once the pie crust is placed, add the green onions and the ham, spread it so it is heavenly distributed. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk (or sour cream or heavy cream), add salt and pepper to taste. Pour carefully onto the pie crust. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in the oven 30 minutes at 380F. Allow to cool down before serving.
For a 9 inches pie dish