Breakfast quesadillas are easy to put together with simple ingredients. Protein packed with eggs and ham, this could be an upgraded breakfast or a delicious brunch! I really like making this post workout, the whole family enjoys it. Kids can even prepare themselves or help.
Always Do A Mise En Place
If you want to prepare any recipe effectively, I would recommend to do you mise en place. Prepare all your ingredients and the dishes you will need to prepare it.
I always do it and I have been sharing it on my recipes most recently, whether it is for baking or cooking.
You will execute your recipe much efficiently. When I make this recipe, it is often a last minute decision and getting everything out of the fridge and prepare to use is definitely the way to go.
So quick and easy, only 2 major steps I would say to prepare it! Mainly, scramble eggs would be one and assembling the quesadilla with toppings would be another one.
In the same category, there is also the chicken quesadillas. A little different and using the chicken leftovers but a crowdpleaser nonetheless.
Lastly, if you are feeling more in the brunch mood, the breakfast quesadillas can be added to your menu ideas along with the croque-monsieurs.
PORTIONS: For 2 adults and 2 kids, these 2 quesadillas (half each) served with a salad or soup is quite sufficient. For bigger appetite, you might want to double the recipe and have each a quesadilla.
Cheesy Breakfast Quesadilla
- 6 eggs medium size
- ¼ cup milk
- 5 teaspoon butter
- 6 slices ham, small or 3 large ones
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 4 quesadillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set up all your ingredients. Cut the ham in small pieces and the scallions.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the milk. Stir. Add salt to taste.
- In a hot pan, melt 1 teaspoon of butter. Cook the eggs and scramble them.
- Set the scrambled eggs aside. Melt another teaspoon of butter.
- Place one quesadilla on the pan and add half of the scrambled eggs, ham, scallions and cheese. Cover with another quesadilla. Cook 2 minutes. Add a teaspoon of butter and flip.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut and serve with a soup or garden salad.