Make these delicious gluten-free Almond Flour Banana Muffins. This perfect tasty breakfast recipe is easy and quick to prepare in a few minutes with only 5 ingredients. Also, can you believe it is dairy-free? The banana bread muffins have an amazing moist texture to which you can add some chocolate chips, sliced almonds or why not a swirl of almond butter?
You already know my love for baking with almond flour, but did you know I have a love for bananas too? I always have some at home, there is one of my favourite fruit to have always on hand. It is the perfect snack. Also, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do the Banana pie with almond cream or these super easy banana pancakes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You'll need 5 ingredients only! Almost 6...
- Eggs - medium size.
- Granulated sugar - This can be reduced a little bit for these almond flour muffins but can't be removed completely from the recipe.
- Bananas - Use up these ripe bananas sitting on your counter!
- Almond Flour - I use this blanched almond flour.
- Vanilla Extract - switch it for almond extract if you want. Optional!
- Baking powder - for the rise, although it won't rise quite as much as it is a gluten-free banana muffin recipe.
Now, let's get baking.
Truthfully, this is a really simple recipe to prepare. Totally kid-friendly is your little hands at home like to bake on their own.
1 - First, whisk the eggs with the sugar. Easy peasy so far.
2 - Then, mash the bananas and add them to the egg mix. Add some vanilla extract.
3 - Lastly, incorporate the almond flour, and mix some more before adding the baking powder.
4 -Finally, prepare some muffin liners in your muffin tin. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop 2 spoons of batter for each muffin hole.
This is the moment if you want to add some sliced almonds or chocolate chips before baking them. Now, you just need to bake them for 15 to 20 minutes.
Are These Muffins Healthy?
There are made healthier for sure. This is a low-carb and gluten-free recipe and they also don't have any fat. However, these baked goods are not keto or paleo banana muffins as it is not sugar-free recipe.
The added sugar can be adjusted, if you wish you can reduce it to half a cup. Using maple syrup could be an alternative too.
💭 Baking FAQ
This recipe was developed to use almond flour, changing for all-purpose flour will change the consistency and moisture of the muffins.
In my opinion, this is a great option to make more gluten-free baked goods. It keeps the cakes, muffins, or cookies quite moist and chewy. I really love the texture of sweets with almond meal.
Almond flour is denser than all-purpose flour. Also, it is low in carbohydrates so it will definitely rise as high as regular flour.
While coconut flour is the healthiest flour, almond flour is right behind it on the list. I, personally, do not consume almond flour to follow any diet but simply because I’m obsessed with its taste. Almost anything made with it (to play it safe!), I’ll eat it. You should know that about me by now :)
Do You Love Almond Flour Recipes? I Got You Covered!
– The Best Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies: So buttery and addictive!
– The Peanut Butter and Almond Flour Cookies: Chewy delicious!
– The Best of the best almond flour cake: so delicious you will love me forever!
– Decadent and fugdy almond flour brownies: if you are looking for gooey goodness…
– Tarte Amandine: a pear tart with almond cream: a French classic.
- The delicious Red Velvet Almond Marble Bundt Cake
📖 Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- 3 eggs medium size
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 bananas riped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- In a plate, mash the banana and add them to the egg-sugar mix. Mix some more.
- In the bowl, add the almond flour at once and mix.
- Add the vanilla extract and baking powder and stir some more.
- In the muffin tin, place some muffin liners. Using an ice cream scoop, pour 2 spoons in each muffin space.
- Sprinkle with sliced almond or chocolate chips if you wish.
- Bake for 15 to 17 muffins or until a knife comes out clean from the middle of the muffin.
Did you make it? Share it and tag me on Instagram @bonappeteat