7 steps! It is that simple to get a soft dough, bubbly bocconcini cheese and flavorful pesto! Oh, and did I mention that bubbly cheese? All melting and it will make a string of cheese from the pizza to your mouth!
Gosh, I got myself convinced! I will do some more tomorrow! Too good to be ignored!
Also, I made mini pizza because it is easier for the kids, each their own. But you can make 2 big ones with that recipe. Or still, make small ones as an appetizer. Yes, I will do that tomorrow.
Let me break it down for you:
- Prepare the flour, yeast and some water
- Let it rest
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix
- Let it rest
- Roll it down
- Add the toppings
How much easier can I make it for you? And... and please note t hat steps 2 and 4 are extremely easy! :)
On another topic, I already asked you if I could put a candle on a quiche and now I am wondering if I could put one on my pizza? Today is actually marking my 8 years in Canada!
Already! Eight years ago, I arrived with my 2 suitcases and I just wanted to discover Toronto and experience North American life for a year. A year?! I did not think it through back then. What about the part where I meet El Cubano almost right away and marriage and a condo and a baby and a house and another baby... And now 8 years! What an adventure!
So let's blow those candles and enjoy those pizzas A-S-A-P.
For the dough:
- 200 g flour
- 8 g dry yeast I used Fleischmann, one packet
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 180 ml warm water
For the toppings:
- 8 balls size of a golf ball boccocini
- 8 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoon pesto
- 2 pinches salt
- In a big bowl or on a clean table if you wish, make a little volcano with the flour and in the middle pour the yeast and 20ml of water. Mix it and let is rest 15 minutes.
- Add the salt, the olive oil and the rest of water progressively, mix with your hand until you obtain a slightly sticky ball. Work the dough a good 10 minutes with your hands.
- Put in in a bowl, cover it and let it rest for an hour.
- Sprinkle some flour on your table, separate your dough in 2 equal portions and with the help of a roller, roll it down to make a 7'' diameter pizza.
- For the topping:
- Spread 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce on each pizza , slice the ball of boccocini and put it on it. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of pesto on each pizza and sprinkle some salt.
- Repeat for the other pizza.
- Bake on some parchment paper for 15 minutes at 400F.