What are your favourite toppings for your burger or salad? Do you buy them or make a batch and save it in your fridge? I love to combine flavours and there are some toppings that almost always have in the fridge. Today, I’ll share with you my 3 delicious burger and salad toppings! So easy and delicious!
Firstly, there are caramelized onions, I love adding this to a lot of meals actually. Next, bbq roasted garlicky peppers are almost always in my fridge, I roast them in the oven in the winter. Lastly, compound butter is easy to put together and keeps long in the fridge.
Easy to prepare topping: Caramelized onions (ideal for burgers)
Caramelized onions are really really easy to make, all you need really is time. Chop onions (if you don’t know where to start, check my tutorial here) and on low, cook them in a pan with a splash of olive oil. I might take up to 45 minutes until it is ready.
Totally worth the wait.
Even my kids are crazy about this topping.
Next Delicious Topping: Roasted Peppers (Burger & Salad)
These are all year round goodness. In summer, I roast them on the BBQ and in winter, in the oven. You let them brown and once cooled down, peel them, cut the peppers in strips, mince some garlic and voilà!
Perfect to complement a salad, a burger or a sandwich, this delicious topping will not disappoint! My favorite actually!
Another flavour: Delicious Garlic Compound Butter
Not really for salads, unless you are enjoying yours with some bread. Otherwise, this is more of a burger or sandwich add-on. Compound butter is so versatile, the sky is the limit to the flavour you want to give. Here, making garlic compound butter assures me that it will not go to waste although you can store it a few weeks.
You will always have a piece of bread that will need a nice spread! But let me tell you that spreading this on your burger, just before you put your hot meat, it is just delicious!
This toppings are great to prepare in advance and store in the fridge. You know how much I’m a fan to plan menus and I try to stay organized making one! I shared a few menus on my Insta Stories under ‘What’s for dinner’ highlight.
What are your favorite toppings on your delicious burger or when building a salad?
3 Delicious Burger & Salad Toppings
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Garlicky Roasted Peppers
- 2 peppers (yellow, red or orange), washed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp salted butter, soften Very generous
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- In a hot pan, pour the olive oil and all the sliced onion. Turn the heat to slow and cook for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Garlicky Roasted Peppers
- Preheat the oven at 300F or the BBQ.
- Place the 2 peppers on the BBQ (or oven) and roast on each side for 3/4 minutes.
- In the meantime, mince the garlic and mix it with the olive oil in a container.
- Allow peppers to cool.
- Peel them and remove the seeds inside. Cut the peppers in sticks and immerse them in the garlic-olive oil mix.
- Keep in the fridge up to a week.
- Mix the butter and the minced (very small) garlic. Done! Ready to be spread!